Friday 20 June 2014

Unit 2 - P7


What and how I will test
Expected outcome
Actual outcome
Action required
Check software applications
I will click on the icons and see if they run successfully.
I expect that the applications will work.
They worked quickly and allowed me to use the software
None required
Check the default folder settings are correct
Make sure the contents are correct when the folder is opened.
I expect that the contents are what should be in the folder.
The settings were right and so were all the contents
No action required
Desktop shortcuts should go lead to the right place
I will click the shortcuts and see where they go to.
I expect that the shortcuts will go to the right place
The My Computer shortcut went to the correct place
None required
The correct device drivers are installed.
Look to see if the peripherals work as intended.
I expect the game controller to work when I open the game
The controller wasn’t recognised so I updated the driver and then it worked when I re-opened the game.
Update the driver and then it worked fine
The correct paper size set for printing.
Investigate the paper sizes in the printer trays.
Look in each tray to make sure they are loaded correctly and that they are the right size
They were all in the right trays and loaded correctly.
None required.
Options menu work
Select an option from the menu and make sure it works.
The selected option will take me to the required place
I was taken to the right application
No action required.
The correct time and date
Compare the date and time on my computer and my watch.
I expect they will be the same
There was a difference in both time and date on my computer..
After checking them against another watch I went into settings on the computer and altered the date and time to be correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment